The world is a buzz with the news of the toppling of Hosni Mubarak and the ever expanding protests in the Middle East. But doesn’t it seem a little too convenient, coincidental, and organized? What organization is receiving a lot attention? The Muslim Brotherhood. Boy is the mainstream media along with the Obama administration kissing the behinds of the Muslim Brotherhood, saying constantly how great they are; but who are the Muslim Brotherhood and what do they really stand for?
The Muslim Brotherhood was founded in 1929 by Hassan al-Banna who was disturbed by the rising of atheism and the influence of Christian missionaries, along with the effects of Westernization. He believed in Pan Islam (unity of Islam under one Islamic state) Nationalism (exalting one nation above all others and placing primary emphasis on promotion of its culture and interest as opposed to those of other nations) and the only way to reverse the trend of secular and Westernization was by returning to totally pure form of Islam. This could be done by considering all Muslims (Sunni and Shia) as one Umma (community or nation), oppose secular and Western ideas, no Western laws, full establishment of Shari’ah (Sharia law), declare all land inhabited by Muslims as their fatherland (this could include Europe and the United States), see the caliphate (the office or dominion of a caliph) re-established, continue to grow different branches in different countries like the Islamic Action Front in Jordan and merging with the Society for Islamic Culture in 1934. With this came three stages to achieve goals gradually by:
1. Communication and propagation armed at exposing the
Egyptian society to the true Islamic principles
2. Mobilization and organization which the movement would
select and train its active members
3. Executing and implementing the Islamic rules and principles in
which a society is completely transformed into an Islamic one
The Muslim Brotherhood today renounces violence at least publicly and considers “Jihad as spiritual” and so their slogans for helping the less fortunate are “Islam is the solution” and “Jihad is our way”. Excuse me, how can Jihad be considered spiritual when the definition of Jihad is “a holy war waged on behalf of Islam as a religious duty?” (Merriam-Webster, 2001).
The Muslim Brotherhoods Guidelines (http://www.ikhwanweb.com/article.php?id=22687). These are just some of the guidelines the rest you can find on the website stated.
“The Muslim Brotherhood, is an international Muslim Body, which seeks to establish Allah’s laws in the land by achieving the spiritual goals of Islam and the true religion which are namely the following:
A-The need to inform the mass, Muslims and non-Muslims of Islamic teachings, explaining the signs in detail to those who understand the pure human nature upon which Allah Has created man.
B-Endeavor to purify hearts and souls of men from evil and sin. Unify humankind into the fundamental principles of Islam and bringing closer the viewpoints of the Islamic sects.
D-Achieve social justice and expand social insurance to cover every citizen. Fight poverty, disease, ignorance, hunger, depravity, encourage, and invite others towards virtue, righteousness, and piety.
E-Insist to liberate the Islamic nation from the yoke of foreign rule help safeguard the rights of Muslim everywhere and unite Muslims around the world.
The Muslim Brotherhood in achieving these objectives depends on the following means:
A-Preaching to Islam, this can only be achieved by promoting it through various means such as radio and television, pamphlets, bulletins, newspapers, magazines, books, publications and preparing the delegations and missions at home and abroad.
E-The Islamic nation must be fully prepared to fight the tyrants and the enemies of Allah as a prelude to establishing an Islamic state. “
Gee make you feel warm and fuzzy inside right? Not! Do you see any religious tolerance or understanding? No! Do you really think they are going to like the United States or Israel? No! It is stated plainly: “Unremittingly negative. In past decades, the group had a blatantly anti-Semitic agenda, translating Hitler’s Mein Kampf and the forged Protocols of the Elders of Zion into Arabic and disseminating them to foment hatred of the Jews. More recently, it has contented itself with railing against “U.S. and Zionist domination.” The Brotherhood does not recognize Israel, and it crossed sectarian lines to openly support the Shiite militant group Hezbollah during the 2006 Lebanese war with Israel. Recently, Brotherhood leaders have given mixed signals about whether they would actually seek to abandon Egypt’s 1979 peace treaty with Israel.”(http://www.ikhwanweb.com/article.php?=28019).
Then as far as women go they are considered “free” to marry who they want, work outside the home, and hold any office in politics or vote for that matter as long as it goes along with Shari’ah (Sharia) and the husband permits it. According to the Muslim Brotherhood a woman is treated the same way as a man but in “one saying the Messenger (SAAS) said that women are less (than men) in mind, deen (religion), and fortune”. (http://www.ikhwanweb.com/article.php?id=494). Is this contradictory or what? Would you like your daughter to grow up in this kind of environment, much less your granddaughter? Shari’ah is Sharia Law which is man made laws created many years after Muhammad died, but yet is enforced as if Allah himself had put them on stone tablets. The following is some other common features of Sharia Law, some taken from the Koran, some from subsequent legal texts:
- “While in public, women must cover their faces with a Hijab.
- Men can have up to four wives and can divorce (called talaq) at their option. If they do not divorce their first wife but just abandon her, she is obligated to carry on as a married woman and cannot seek out another spouse without risking the traditional punishment for adultery; stoning. Stoning is done in public by first wrapping a person in a blanket and burying them in a deep hole exposing their head and the population gathered around is invited to throw large stones at the adulterer, the size of which Sharia Law prescribes and a sentence is always fatal.
- The penalty after a fourth conviction of a homosexual act is death. (Gee, Rosie O’ Donnell you will be one dead fat woman!)
- Adoption is not allowed. Adults can become guardians of the children of others but not the legal parents through adoption.
- Sharia Law prohibits dating and marriage between a Muslim and a non-Muslim and it is practically impossible for a Muslim (even a recent convert) to renounce the Muslim faith.
- Any abandonment of the Muslim faith is itself a serious crime (apostasy) with severe punishment.
- Sharia Law has a stringent evidentiary requirement for eye witnesses, preferable from men. Convictions for crimes cannot be based on circumstantial evidence alone.
- Vagrancy can carry tough penalties such as jail or flogging.
- Generally a person alleged to have violated Sharia Laws in the states governed by them would not be pursued, or apprehended, in states not governed by Sharia Laws.
- Many states which implement Sharia Law have blasphemy statutes which punish by prison or death any person who such is preaching Christianity or the distribution of Christian items.” (http://www.duhaime.org/LegalDictionary/S/ShariaLaw.aspx).
In conclusion, if the Muslim Brotherhood gains control over the Middle East, you might as well start declaring war on all Muslims because Europe will be next and then the United States of America-sound like somebody we know from history? Hilter!! The Muslim Brotherhood is not interested in freedom of anything especially the western way of life and thinks anybody who is not a Muslim is an infidel and must be destroyed by Jihad!
Interview: ex-muslim woman on life under sharia law. (April 9,2009). Retrieved November 10, 2010, from http://www.christianpost.com/article/20090409/interview-ex-muslim-woman-on-life-under-sharia-law
Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary. (Eds.) (2001). Springfield, MA. Merriam-Webster.
Muslim Brotherhood. Retrieved on February 15, 2011, from http://www.ikhwanweb.com.